Feb 3, 2011

RhoDeo 1105 Goldy rhox 12

Hello, hmm i am currently contemplating what to buy..a 1 terabyte ext HD or a 2 terabyte one which is less then 30% more expensive for twice the space, i am tempted, but the potential for dataloss of that magnitude is making me doubtful. I'll have to get to it soon as my current externals are maxed. (suggestions R welcome)

Today the 12th post of the new format; GoldyRhox, classic pop rock. Most of the albums i 'll post made many millions for the music industry and a lot of what i intend to post still gets repackaged and remastered decades later, squeezing the last drop of profit out of bands that for the most part have ceased to exist long ago, although sometimes they get lured out of the mothballs to do a big bucks gig or tour.

Now i'm not as naive to post this kinda music for all to see and have deleted, these will be a black box posts, i'm sorry for those on limited bandwidth but for most of you a gamble will get you a quality rip don't like it, deleting is just 2 clicks...That said i will try to accomodate somewhat and produce some cryptic info on the artist and or album.


A classic from 73 by a man who reacted to the UK's glam in an odd fashion because he went horror, likely because US kids seem to get fed an endless stream of horrormovies. Well he became a star , his first hit..Ï'm Eighteen was an outright lie...he was 5 years older, his next hit geared for the same kids..Schools Out..great stuff. This album is considered his commercial peak it had 2 major and 2 minor hits, and plenty of platinum on both sides of the Atlantic. David Byrne (Talking Heads) said that the album inspired him to write the song, "Psycho Killer". fafafafafa... ..another one of those "1001 Albums You Must Hear Before You Die"

Goldy Rhox 12 99mb


***** ***** ***** ***** *****

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Rho.
I can imagine your doubts regarding the HD.
For the last years Hard Disks have become a lot cheaper, but on the other hand, less reliable.
I've had four(!) crashed in the last couple of years. (internal/external)
Now I have a backup disk running weekly which back ups the entire PC , and a second one, on which I back up hand picked files/dolders manually.
The last one I devide in 'dvd' folders. Every time such a folder gets to 4,5 Gig size, I burn a dvd.
Personally, but I don't use that much of data, I'm happy with two 1Gig Hd's.
Maybe you should put up a 'donate' button:)

Fantod said...

If you are offloading files to an external HD, I recommend offloading to *2* external drives. I am not comfortable with files existing only on a single external drive. Redundant drives are an additional expense up front, but still better than having to recreate the files in case of a failure, if that is even possible. I like the DVD backup idea, but when you are talking about 1 and 2 TB drives, that's 200-400 DVDs-- frankly more than I care to keep organized. That's my 2 cents, anyway.

(I should have prefaced that with whatever the blog equivalent of "long-time listener, first-time caller" is. Thanks for helping me reacquire some last favorites and introducing me to a lot of great stuff I missed!)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the comments guys, i see the prudence in backing up a back up for the more critical stuff, fortunately i have not that much of that it's more a time issue..anyway i have an estblished system of backing up on disks..though not the 200 gig i posted here and that will be the first to get backed up on my new HD i bought earlier today.

Glad you enjoy visiting here Fantod, it's always great to be able to broaden one's horizon. Keep on open ear and there's no end to what music can bring you.

best wishes, Rho